This is the old SA4QE website. See the most recent posts at russellhoban.org/sa4qe

Friday 4 February 2005

Lindsay Edmunds 2005

Friends,

Today is a bright Friday, and I didn't have to work, so I was able to go SA4quating.

First quote:

Her brown loaves were like bread from a fairy tale; her potato pancakes sizzled with lust and tasted of fidelity.

from Mr Rinyo-Clacton's Offer

First place: the Galleria, Pittsburgh, Pa. The Galleria is an small upscale mall, with a parking garage and skylights. Sound system was playing "Daydream" by the Lovin' Spoonful. Williams Sonoma sells kitchen equipment; thus, it got the honor of the quote. I found a yellow pottery mixing bowl in a design called "circus." There was a lion. I turned the bowl so that the lion faced outward, and placed the yellow paper in front of the bowl.

Second quote:

When I was between twelve and thirteen I was lying in bed one night not asleep, not awake, and all at once I was looking down at myself from the ceiling. It wasn't a dream, I don't know what it was. I don't know anything about ecstasy. It happened another time that year too.
from Turtle Diary


Second place: South Hills Village, Pittsburgh, Pa. Sound system was playing "Am I Standing Still?" by Jewel. Walked here and there. Then, because I needed to replace a watch battery, I went to the watch-accessory kiosk on the lower level, where I ran into my aunt, who was replacing her watchband. I cannot tell you how weird and unlikely that was. We chatted, had coffee. Sometime during coffee, I decided to leave the quotation at Lazarus. (Lazarus is a local department store chain, now owned by Macys.) I thought to leave the yellow paper tucked under a pillow on a very expensive bed. The name of the bed was "Silverdream."

Below both quotations I wrote:

"Today (2/4/05) is Mr Hoban's 80th birthday, and this quotation has been left in tribute to him. To find out more about this remarkable writer, go to: http://www.thoughtcat.com/sa4qe."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.