This is the old SA4QE website. See the most recent posts at russellhoban.org/sa4qe

Monday 4 February 2008

Deena Omar 2008


I 4quated all over the District Line and Fulham! The first yellow sheet was given directly to the amenable woman in the coffee shop at Fulham Broadway tube station who guarded Gundula's bouquet while I went to the lav. I placed it on her table just before I left and didn't hang around to see what she did with it. The second in the lavatory of the Metro tapas bar on Effie Road (in which Adrian and myself raised a glass or several to Russ and his past, his present, his future and the moment in the moment and all of the moments that will be - in the bar that is, not the lavatory). The third on a leaflet stand outside Nicolas Off Licence on Harwood Road. The fourth on the District Line platform at Earl's Court on one of those metal boxes that sit there (don't ask me what's inside them; one of the many mysteries of the London Underground). The fifth on an eastbound tube, tucked into the edge of the window frame. The sixth was back in Camden, near a checkout in Sainsbury's. At that point, I reflected on my 4quations and felt jolly pleased with them. I declared the seventh 4quation one of rest and and irreverence; I tucked it inside My Tango with Barbara Strozzi which I dropped into Adrian's workbag when he wasn't looking.

There is only one place, and that place is time.
from The Lion of Boaz-Jachin and Jachin-Boaz





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.