This is the old SA4QE website. See the most recent posts at russellhoban.org/sa4qe

Friday 11 February 2011

Diana Slickman 2011

I dropped this at my longtime local bar, The Hopleaf.  I've been drinking there, off and on, for 20 years.
"You know how it is when you’re sitting in a bar somewhere dark and quiet just breathing in and out and maintaining neutral buoyancy and a stranger starts talking to you and after a while he brings out of his pocket a letter coming apart at the creases; he brings out this letter to show you that at one time he mattered more than he does now and he tells you the story of his life.  At first you wish he’d go away but perhaps you say to yourself, Maybe one day I’ll want somebody to listen to my story.  Never mind. My name is Fremder Gorn.  Fremder means stranger in German."
- from Fremder

I added: This yellow paper was placed here on February 4, 2011 as part of a world wide event in honor of Russell Hoban’s birthday.  Your finding this and reading it makes you part of the celebration. Cheers!


Diana is the founder of the Slickman A4 Quotation Event. Read about the genesis of SA4QE here.

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.