This is the old SA4QE website. See the most recent posts at russellhoban.org/sa4qe

Monday 20 February 2012

Andrew Middleton 2012

This year I managed two yellow paper drops, featuring quotes from Russell's first two novels. It felt appropriate to mark the end of Russ' life by starting at the beginning. I placed a quotation from The Lion of Boaz-Jachin and Jachin-Boaz at the Vittles Cafe in Broomhill, Sheffield.

It goes like this:

A map is a dead body of where you've been. A map is the unborn child of where you're going. There are no maps. Maps are pictures of what isn't.

And secondly a quotation from Kleinzeit which I can easily recall without having to look it up. This was left on the seat after watching a play at the Sheffield University Drama Studio:
"I exist," said the mirror.

"What about me?" said Kleinzeit.

"Not my problem," said the mirror.
Whilst there I also recommended Russell Hoban to a (I think) German student, along with another of my favourite authors, Angela Carter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.