This is the old SA4QE website. See the most recent posts at russellhoban.org/sa4qe

Friday 4 February 2005

Kerry Power 2005

Hi,

I have included two quotes this year. The first from Fremder. I love the idea of the mystery in the spaces of black between the pictures.

Being is not a steady state but an occulting one: we are all of us a succession of stillness blurring into motion on the wheel of action, and it is in those spaces of black between the pictures that we find the heart of mystery in which we are never allowed to rest.
from Fremder


The second quote is the opening line of Riddley Walker. I have included it because so many people have discovered Russ through Riddley Walker. This opening line is such a challenge. You can choose then and there to stop (eg., its too hard at first glance) or to read on...and so begin a journey of wondrous discovery.

On my naming day when I come 12 I gone front spear and kilt a wyld boar he parbly ben the las wyld pig on the Bundel Downs any how there hadnt ben none for a long time befor him nor I aint looking to see none agen.
from Riddley Walker


Once again (four years in a row now) I descended to the Melbourne Underground, and left the yellow A4 on a seat, platform 4, Parliament Station, Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.