This is the old SA4QE website. See the most recent posts at russellhoban.org/sa4qe

Saturday 4 February 2006

p.a. morbid 2006


It puts us on like we put on our cloes. Some times we don't fit. Some times it cant find the arm hoals and it tears us a part.

from Riddley Walker


I chose this quote because it always reminded me of the 'thing' that woke in me at times with a wish to vacate this earth as soon as possible and which I was either fighting against or going along with and it especially rang true as the morning I posted it - in a phone box in Netherfields, Middlesbrough - where I grew up - was just a week after I'd got out of hospital after taking an O.D. because, among other things, my drinking had got out of control and I'd just hit rock bottom and was too bruised to bang my head against the wall anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.