This is the old SA4QE website. See the most recent posts at russellhoban.org/sa4qe

Thursday 11 February 2010

Lorna Elsewint 2010

THE QUOTE:

When we gone out thru the gate there wer a kid up on the hy walk sames I use to be up there all times of nite when I wer a kid. 7 or 8 he wer may be. Sharp little face liting and shaddering in the shimmying of the gate house torches. Sharp littl face and he begun to sing:

‘Riddley Walkers ben to show
Riddley Walkers on the go
Dont go Riddley Walkers track
Drop Johns ryding on his back.’

Now whered that kid ever hear of Drop John and what put it in his mynd to sing that of me? Why dint I ask him? I dont know. May be I dint want to know.

Why is Punch crookit? Why wil he always kil the babby if he can? Parbly I wont never know its jus on me to think on it.

Riddley Walkers ben to show
Riddley Walkers on the go
Dont go Riddley Walkers track
Drop Johns ryding on his back.

Stil I wunt have no other track.

- from RIDDLEY WALKER, final page

THE DROP: Through the streets of Thebarton and Mile End, Adelaide South Australia. Mouse over the pictures below for location/caption:


Mile End PubFormer Junction TheatreBus stop George StBus stop George St #2
Queen of the Angels churchSA Folk Centre doorway ThebartonBunnings Garden Centre Mile EndBus stop South Road

ME: Lorna Elsewint, Tel Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.