This is the old SA4QE website. See the most recent posts at russellhoban.org/sa4qe

Sunday 14 November 2010

Fred Runk November 2010

Riddley Walker 30th anniversary special
Russell Hoban is one of my favorite authors, and Riddley Walker, his post holocaust novel, is one of my favorite works. I've read it several times and will read it again. This is the 30th anniversary of its creation.

On my naming day when I come 12 I gone front spear and kilt a wyld boar he parbly ben the las wyld pig on the Bundel Downs any how there hadnt ben none for a long time befor him nor I aint looking to see none agen. He dint make the groun shake nor nothing like that when he come on to my spear he weren't all that big plus he lookit poorily. He done the reqwyrt he ternt and stood and clattert his teef and make his rush and there we wer then. Him on 1 end of the spear kicking his life out and me on the other end watching him dy. I said, 'Your tern now my tern later.

* See Fred's full blog post which includes more Riddley quotes at http://freds-ramblings.blogspot.com/2010/11/russell-hobans-riddley-walker-30th.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.