This is the old SA4QE website. See the most recent posts at russellhoban.org/sa4qe

Friday 25 February 2011

Nick Campbell 2011

Here’s my Hoban quotation contribution. It’s from Pilgermann, and I think it demonstrates him pretty well:
Certainly we are slaves of that which looks out through our eyes, and it is nothing simple, that outlooker; does it want to live, does it want to die? As with my arms red up to the elbows I sew up the wounded I crave to be where the shouting is, the cries and groans, the clash of weapons. I am afraid to be there but what looks out through my eyes wants to put me there, it doesn't want to be left out of anything, it wants to be everywhere at once, it wants to be included in all matters of life and death, wants to be at the same time here in the shuddering light of the torches and there across the river in the obscurity of battle and night.

- from Pilgermann

Blogged on a pile of leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.